What Are My Rights in Florida Regarding Illegal Searches and Seizures?



Clients often believe they’ve undergone an illegal search or seizure and seek guidance. The solution? File a motion to suppress, especially for searches. Go to court, asserting that the police violated Fourth Amendment rights in obtaining evidence against you. This isn’t a DIY task; hire a seasoned criminal defense lawyer well-versed in Fourth Amendment law. They’ll file the motion, summon relevant witnesses, and present a compelling argument.

Ideally, the court will suppress the search and its evidence, rendering it inadmissible. Often, suppressing evidence leads to charge dismissals. If facing an illegal search or seizure, contact us promptly.

More Posts

© Copyright Michael White Law - BMG Creative


About Us

After several years as a prosecutor and General Counsel for the Broward County Police Benevolence Association (PBA), Michael White started his own practice focused on protecting individuals accused of crimes.

contact us

© Copyright Michael White, P.A. - BMG Creative