Traffic Violation Lawyers in Florida
A traffic crime is any driving-related violation that occurs while operating a motor vehicle on Florida’s public roadways, and which carries criminal penalties. Criminal traffic offenses often have serious penalties for the accused, including jail, probation, a loss of driving privileges, fines, and a permanent criminal record.
Michael, a traffic defense lawyer in Florida has extensive experience litigating criminal traffic cases, including:
- Violations of Restricted Driver’s Licenses (Fla. Stat. 322.16)
- Fleeing and Eluding (Fla. Stat. § 316.1935)
- Habitual Traffic Offenders (Fla. Stat. § 322.264)
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident (Fla. Stat. § 316.061)
- Attaching Unassigned Plate or Tag (Fla. Stat. § 320.261)
- Expired Tag or Registration (Fla. Stat. § 322.07)
- No Valid Driver’s License (Fla. Stat. § 322.54)
- Racing on Highways (Fla. Stat. § 316.191)
- Driving with a Suspended License (Fla. Stat. § 322.34)
- Reckless Driving (Fla. Stat. § 316.192)
Although most of these charges are misdemeanors, certain aggravators, can easily escalate the charges to a felony. Leaving the Scene of an Accident, for instance, is alone a misdemeanor; however, if the accident involves serious bodily injury, or death, the crime becomes a felony.
Criminal traffic charges should not be taken lightly, and no one should attempt to resolve such a case without first consulting a driving offense attorney. Doing so can help avoid or minimize the harsh consequences that often result from these types of offenses. Call Michael for a free consultation